Don’t forget to check out the AVI Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/adoptedvietnameseinternational) as the quickest way to get up to date news on events and other things related to the adopted Vietnamese community. Recent posts there include:
– A book to be released soon on adoptees as parents, with a link to the book’s own FB page https://www.facebook.com/ParentingAsAdoptees
– A blog alerting people in the MN, USA media that adoptees have a voice and important perspectives to share in media stories on adoption http://readingspark.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/1212/
– A response to the above, calling for interviews with MN, USA adoptees http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collections/special/columns/daily_circuit/archive/2012/07/help-create-a-stronger-community-of-international-adoptees-and-families.shtml
– A global adoption community coalition letter in support of Kairi Shepherd, and adoptee citizenship, including signed by AVI after careful consultation with the AVI advisory group http://adopsource.org/Shepherd_Community_Letter_%20final.pdf
– A story about a Rockford Viet adoptee in the USA who reunited with his Vietnamese mother http://www.rrstar.com/news/x1081599463/Rockford-man-connects-with-Vietnamese-mother-decades-later
Plus you can also search older archives by ‘liking’ the AVI FB public page.