- The original website was launched in 2000, and then updated in 2011. As such, some of the information on the site may be dated, obsolete or incorrect. This especially is an issue for external links, where many are no longer available. We welcome suggestions and requests for information to be updated or removed. Bear in mind that we would like to preserve the historical nature of some of the stories and events where possible.
- This website is to act as an information guide and to help adoptees connect, however, we encourage individuals to act responsibility and practice caution when using and/or sharing any information over the Internet as many sources, while we hope are sincere, are often hard to verify.
- Adopted Vietnamese International (AVI) is dedicated and primarily focused on addressing the interests of adults adopted as a result of the Vietnam War. As this site has strong themes connected to exploring adoption and the social, cultural and emotional dynamics of such families (including culture, race, and identity etc.) responsible adults are encouraged to review the content first before showing it to a person 13yrs or younger.
- Any content or comments contributed to the site by others or linking to external content may not reflect the views/opinions of Adopted Vietnamese International (AVI). We will endeavor to allow people who contribute to freely express their thoughts, however AVI reserves the right to remove or edit content at our discretion. All comments & content made on the site are public and contributors are responsible for any personal details about themselves or others (e.g. emails, address) they share publicly.
- AVI cannot guarantee the quality of contents of external links, you go to external links at your own risk.
- Occasionally the host provider will go down. In general the website & email can be down for a number of hours and come back within 24hrs. If you experience any technical difficulties with the site, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Sometimes development improvements are made to the site. In this case the site may appear to not function correctly. If you are having problems using the site for longer than 38hrs please contact us detailing the issue. While we try to back up the site as much as possible, there is a chance if there is a major problem with either host or the site, there maybe data loss from the comments or newsletter lists or emails.
- We are a group of volunteers and while we try to reply to people both by email or the social networks, there maybe times where we may not be able to replay straight away. We thank you for your patience.
- The content of this site are copyright protected to (c) Adopted Vietnamese International (AVI), individual contributions or content source to the original creator or other wise stated. You must seek permissions from the apportiate person to use any of the AVI website content.
- You may not link this site to any site that contains or promotes content which is illegal, pornographic or links to pornography, or promotes violence, hatred, scamming, hacking, spamming or piracy.
- We understand the nature of sensitive information when it comes to details of adoption and adoption stories. Information in emails to the AVI email will be kept confidential unless you have instructed us otherwise.
- Emails & IP addresses are collected only for admin processes only, for example when you make a comment, send us an email, become a user etc. Emails & IP addresses will not be passed on to 3rd parties unless with permission.
- You post/contribute sensitive details in the public at your own risk. Please contact us if you would like content relating to yourself to be removed or altered.
- Events connected to AVI or other events listed on this website can often have attendees taking photos. Committee members or people that have attended these events may pass us photographs to post on the website. If a photograph has been posted without your permission which you feel impinges on your privacy, please contact us straight away so that we can either remove the image or remove your identity.
- Content contributed (e.g. writings and photographs) are copyrighted or permissions given to the individual who contributed. Where possible we have stated who the content was by, however if you are the copyright holder and want to be credited or have content removed please do contact us.
- The original 2000-2011 AVI website was designed and implemented by Indigo Willing and the AVI logo was co-designed by Asha Ardill and Indigo Willing.
- The new 2011+ website and logo was designed and implemented by Jessica Emmett and with a number of sections researched, co-written and co-edited by Indigo Willing.